Tim in the Morning
The Morning Show
with Tim Cardascia
Contact Tim in the studio: 1-877-664-1015
Born January 15, 1969, I grew up just outside Orlando, FL, in a Christian home. We attended Calvary Assembly of God, in Winter Park, where I accepted the Lord into my life at the age of 7. When I was 13 our family moved to Ephrata, PA. That year changed my life in many ways and it’s when I began my journey in broadcasting…
I began my radio career at WJTL in Lancaster PA in 1984. Since then then Lord has allowed me to travel to some pretty amazing places and I’ve been able to work for 10 other radio stations and a few ministries. Some of which have included working for Christian recording artist Rebecca St. James, WAY-FM in Nashville, TN. I also worked as Promotions Manager at LIFE 100.3, a Christian radio station in Barrie, Ontario Canada – just outside Toronto; and through the wonders of modern technology, I also work with REV-FM in State College, PA.
Before joining KAMB, Celebration Radio, I worked at WBYN-FM in Boyertown, PA as their evening and weekend on air announcer. Prior to my work at WBYN-FM, I was the Promotions and Marketing Manager at the WORD-FM, a network of Christian stations just outside of Philadelphia, PA. I have also been part of the Creation NE festival where I’ve served in various areas for almost 30 years.
I graduated from Warwick High School in Lititz, PA (Lancaster County) way back in 1987. (I also met my wife there) and Evangel College in Springfield, MO in 1991.
Meet Tim's Family:
After 35 years of being single, the Lord blessed me with a beautiful wife. Gayle and I married on September 4, 2004. That same day I also became an instant daddy to 5 year old Tori. I received a double blessing that day! Then on December 22, 2005 the Lord blessed us with Matthew Aaron. Our most recent blessing came in the form of our little boy, Andrew James, on May 23, 2007.
Pictured from left to right: Tim, Andrew (5 yrs), Gayle, Matthew (7 yrs), Victoria (Tori -14 yrs).
• Bible Verse(s): Jeremiah 29:11
• Artist(s): Thomas Kinkade
• Book(s): The Bible, or anything by Dave Ramsey
• Food(s): anything Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese or Thai
• Ice Cream Flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip or Cookies & Cream
• Lazy Sunday Afternoon Activity: Spending time with family
• 70’s/80’s TV Show: The Muppet Show, Rockford Files, Lawrence Welk Show, The Dukes of Hazard and “After School” specials
• Pizza: Mushroom or just plain cheese
• Vacation Spot: Bahamas & Barrie, ON Canada
• Movie(s) of all time: Courageous, Facing the Giants, FireProof & Simon Birch
Q & A
• First Christian Album (you remember buying): Amy Grant’s first album and Crumbacher (I used to love that group)
• First Job: Cloister Ice Cream Parlor in Ephrata, PA – I used to make sundaes, banana splits, waffle cones etc…
• Your Dream In-studio Guest: Jesus
• Pet Peeves: Slow Drivers, rude people and those who sound like a cow when chewing gun J
• Your “Day Job”: Director of Development here at KAMB, Celebration Radio helping businesses connect with our listeners and I’m the morning show guy!
• If You Were Stranded on a Desert Island (what 3 CD’s would you like to have): Amy Grant – Christmas, Rebecca St. James – her first album and the latest album from 10th Avenue North…
• Worst Fear: Being bitten by a shark or alligator
• I Hope Heaven Includes: pets, ice cream and popcorn
• Dumbest Thing You Believed as a Child: That there really was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I looked!
• How People Can Pray For You: That I’ll be a great husband to my wife, Gayle, and a Godly parent to our 3 kids. Also that I’ll always be in tune with the Lord and His leading. Another prayer request is that we find a home here in the Merced area in a timely manner. We look forward to the day when we can all live under one roof again. My wife and kids are currently back in Pennsylvania waiting for Daddy to find a home.
• Anything Else of Interest: I love Compassion International and have made several trips with them over the years. I’ve had the privilege of meeting the little girl we sponsor, Jhandira Eguez in Bolivia. I’ll never forget her. If you are not currently a sponsor what are you waiting for? Check out www.compassion.com.